Software

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sun Jun 17 15:03:02 EDT 2001

In a recent e-mail, HTatML at aol.com said (in part):

>I have the ML database in .dbf format or access  .mdb format. Both can be
>imported into Microsoft programs, which includes excel. I charge the same
>price as the book $17.95 + $4 shipping. However, if you do not want the
>other
>stuff which goes with the $17.95 package you can have disc for $10 + $2
>postage. The other stuff includes text from the book plus photocopies of the
>spine illustrations and BL catalogs.

I have two comments about this:

1) If you don't have the book, I don't see how you can ciollect ML's.

2) I have the database on my Macintosh and it is perfect for keeping
track of my collection. I imported it into Filemaker Pro, eliminating
most of the fields and customizing others - such as adding a field for
the dust jackets on the copies I own and another one for the date of my
copy.

In short, I recommend both highly. and I do NOT I repeat NOT get a
commission. :-D

     `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
      (@@)