Newbies: Be careful on eBay!!!!!

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri Jun 1 19:09:51 EDT 2001

Folks,

This message is meant especially for new collectors who may not be aware
of the prime maxim in book buying on the Internet: Let The Buyer Beware!

Many of us have been buying books at auction for a while. We've become
used to the offerings from such folks as Sharon Biederman, Amy Comeau,
Sam Gottlieb, Joe Hill, and Henry Toledano -- when these folks say "it's
a first," you can rely on the item being a first. But not all listings on
eBay are so reliable.

Over the last week, I've seen at least a half-dozen listings for ML
titles claiming to be firsts, when in fact they are NOT.

Do NOT trust the listings of folks you don't know. Ask the sellers
pointed questions about first edition points, using your Guides and the
updates at Dogeared to verify the claims. If you have doubts, ask in this
listserv!

Don't support these unprofessional sellers by blindly bidding. Check
before you bid.

     `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
      (@@)