How were buckram editions marketed and sold?

JOSEPH HILL GOODBOOKS at webtv.net
Sat Jul 28 14:34:24 EDT 2001

The  term used was/is"Library Binding"
Just a wild shot  in the dark and I may be far off the mark...I think
these books were orders for schools and libraries only. However,if this
were the case then one would expect to see a lot of buckrum ex-library
books floating around but one doesn't.
Henry Toledano and I were in a book store that had about 50 used copies
of,242.1 Frost:Poems and it was plain to see that they were used by a
class  BUT,they were not buckrum...but,this proves nothing.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY AND EVERYMAN'S LIBRARY BOOKS