Toledano Guide Clarification: Chaucer

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Jul 17 17:24:25 EDT 2001

In a recent e-mail, jbkrygie at cc.owu.edu said (in part):

>What is "Margin T?"  I have an early 1950s version and a 1960s
>version of this title and they look exactly the same.

It means "Margin text" or "Marginal titles." In the newer version, the
verso page has in the left margin near the top of the page "The
Canterbury Tales," The recto page has in the right margin near the top of
the page the title of the current tale (eg The Knightes Tale). In the
older version, these marginal titles don't appear.

+1 (503) 731-5899
Obscurities clarified
Computer books, manuals, and on-line help systems designed and written
Resume at http://www.dogeared.com/teachingResume.html