ADVERTISING ON MODLIB
kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Dec 12 18:08:58 EST 2001
In the interest of keeping order and timeliness, I propose the following:
1) The discussion of whether or not to allow selling should continue
through Sunday. This will give folks who check e-mail infrequently time
2) Assuming there is no groundswell for the immediate decapitation of the
Philistine Gottlieb, a trial period for ads begins starting Monday and
terminates on 1/15/02. A discussion lasting one week would then be held
to evaluate the program.
3) Ads would be limited to scarce material. This would include great
rarities as well as common but pristine firsts such as the one Sam
described, and would also be extended to such ephemera as matchbooks and
ML promotional material such as Sharon's bookcase.
4) NOTHING not DIRECTLY related to the Modern Library would be allowed.
5) So that folks who have no interest in such things can filter
advertisements, For Sale items should begin with "FS:" and For Auction
items should begin with "FA:" (no quotation marks).
6) Since John Krygier is the host, he has final word. (People who
disagree with the final decision can always start their own mailing list
through Yahoo or some other service.)
Maintaining the Modern Library Collecting Website at
which (in turn) is supported by The Pavilion City Mall at
More information about the ModLib