Inscribed (by author) African Queen

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Wed Dec 5 16:52:11 EST 2001

Scot,

     My guess is the Modern Library list may not be the best place to find
other signed copies of the African Queen.  I would look among Forester
collectors, who would be more likely to have such an item.  I've seen or
know of MLs signed by Faulkner, Huxley, Fitzgerald, Steinbeck, Sherwood
Anderson and other highly collectible writers, but generally these items
belong to someone who is compiling signed editions of the particular
author.

                            Sharon