Huysmans 'Against the Grain' 1st

j b krygier jbkrygie at cc.owu.edu
Sat Dec 1 11:29:23 EST 2001

Hi ModLib,

I found a copy of Huysmans 'Against the Grain' that is a noted
"First Modern Library Edition, 1930."  The DJ lists 185 titles,
which is correct for the first according to the Toledano Guide.

However, the Guide says the the correct binding for the first
is binding #5 (this is the one with the elaborate grape vine at
the base of the spine).  The copy of Huysmans I have has
binding #6 (the same as #5 without the grape vines).

Which is the correct binding for a 1st of this title?

If #5 bindings of this title exist, then were there two different
spines for the 1st ed of this title?

thanks!

John K.

--
j   b   k r y g i e r

g e o l o g y  a n d  g e o g r a p h y
d e l a w a r e  o h  4 3 0 1 5

pho  740 368 3622   |   fax  740 368 3999

jbkrygie at cc.owu.edu   |   http://www.owu.edu/~jbkrygie/