first of cyrano

Anthony and Christine acpertusi at prodigy.net
Fri Apr 27 14:47:56 EDT 2001

hello:
I have a first edition of cyrano de bergerac. the book does state first modern library edition
1929 with translation by brian hooker and introduction by clayton hamilton. there is 158 titles stated on the back of the dj, which is one less number than indicated in the guide. the dj is
strange in several ways:again, on the back of the dj it states the modern library.inc.new york
in canada. the macmillian company of canada. ltd.toronto.
too, there is no torchbearer emblem either on the spine or anywhere on the dj.the spine does have a 154 book #. also, on the front of the dj there are no lines or modern library notation.
what do I have? My friend henry thinks it is a copy from a gift package.

anthony pertusi