"God's Little Acre with an appendix?

BooksetcSF at aol.com BooksetcSF at aol.com
Fri Apr 27 13:25:31 EDT 2001

In a message dated 4/27/01 9:35:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
GOODBOOKS at webtv.net writes:

> On DJ #371 I have forward by Caldwell
> On DJ #383 No forward by Caldwell

You people are really complicating my life!!
51.2 Caldwell without appendix +introduction (actually foreword) by Author
51.2a with appendix same as 51.2 except for addition of appendix
51.2 reverts back to what it was in 51.2 (the first one)
51.3 = 51.2 but no intro by author. I suspect Cp expired. Taken out in 1933
and change comes about in around 1959. I think the Cp period is around 26
years??? Now, people will find out if they want a complete ML collection with
all the variations it will probably run into thousands of books!
As an indication of how sloppy ML was we have "with a new introduction by the
author" on the title page. Then we have a note on "God's Little Acre" by
author plus a three page foreword, described as a foreword. Nothing about an
introduction, though I suppose a foreword might be an introduction also. Now
we are getting into semantics. Bye.
       Henry for Books etc
       P.S. Don't forget sales tax if to be shipped within CA. Or email CA
resale #.

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/booksetcsf/myhomepage/business.html ">Books etc</A>
PMB # 395,
298 4th Avenue,