Lost Illusions 1st - is it a giant transitional binding?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Apr 25 01:54:13 EDT 2001

Folks,

I noticed tonight that my Balzac "Lost Illusion" giant 1st is in a
binding undescribed in the giant section of the Guide. My copy's binding
looks just like an overgrown type 12 binding in the regular series, with
a blind-stamped ML on the front cover with most of the cover enscribed in
a rectangle with two curved corners. Is it unique? Does it match
everybody's Balzac 1st? Does anybody have other giants in this overgrown
regular-12 binding?

The Guide describes a type 6 (the type listed for the Balzac) with a
different front cover. I've looked at my other type 6 and type 7 giants;
none have the characteristics of this Balzac.

- Kamins

Scot Kamins     kamins at dogeared.com
Collecting Fine Condition Full-Book Features
4210 SE Pine Street   Portland OR  97215
-- Will Pay Poorly for Great Collections --