Current MLs

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Apr 19 14:39:43 EDT 2001

In a recent e-mail, BooksetcSF at aol.com said (in part):

>The Modern series of Modern Library are on acid free paper, and are perfect
>bound, which means that they are glued and not stitched.

Glued bindings is the main reason I stopped collecting ML's after the
1970 editions. I think they cheapen the book considerably. As the
original poster suggested with his question, I consider these editions
nothing more than paperbacks with stiff bindings. And their prices
certainly don't make them "hard back books at paperback prices" as ML was
once able to brag.

- Scot Kamins
   Elitist Modern Library Effete Intellectual Snob
   (and then some)

     `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
      (@@)