Modern Library question

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Apr 17 20:59:57 EDT 2001

In a recent e-mail, RSCCONOVE at aol.com said (in part):

>inside of the DJ (the side the touches the book) is upside down.  Is this
>rare?

It's amusing, I'll tell you that.  :-D Unfortunately, it isn't like the
Airplane Stamp.

Modern Library is famous for such oddities. I have a Boni-Liveright
Treasure Island binding hosusing Ibsen's Plays, an illustrated Longfellow
book block in a standard Longfellow binding, a balloon cloth Candide with
one signature missing and a second signature doubled, and a giant buckram
without the buckram stamp on the spine.

>Does it increase the value of the book, etc..?

Maybe by a couple of bucks to somebody who collects such blunders, but in
general no.

     `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
      (@@)