No follow-up?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Apr 16 23:23:40 EDT 2001

In a recent e-mail, GOODBOOKS at webtv.net said (in part):

>As great as Henry's guide is,I wish he had taken up some of
>these big buck questions.

Sheesh, Joe. The Modern Library has literally DOZENS of major areas about
which contention will run forever. How much can a single guide cover? The
compilation of titles and variety editions ALONE is enormous.

Having said that, the topic of later editions being more valuablethan
firsts is a fascinating one. It brings up the whole idea of what we
(meaning the entire set of Modern Library collectors in the world) deem
valuable and how we assign value.

+1 (503) 731-5899
Obscurities clarified
Computer books, manuals, and on-line help systems designed and written
Resume at http://www.dogeared.com/teachingResume.html