Identifying 1st ed. of 50.1, Zuleika Dobson

Amy dbapaper at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 15 14:37:56 EDT 2001

Folks,

    Can anyone help me with identification of the 1st printing of
Zuleika Dobson by Max Beerbohm, No. 50.1 in the Toledano Guide? The
Guide says that it was "printed early," but doesn't specify how to
identify the early printing.
    The copy that I have is in a Type 1 binding. There is no
introduction (50.2 has an introduction by Francis Hackett). Facing the
Title Page is Catalog 3, listing only 34 titles (obviously not including
this one, which was not listed until the 50-title Catalog 4). Are these
the correct points? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Amy Comeau