On Dust Jackets

JOSEPH HILL GOODBOOKS at webtv.net
Sun Apr 8 16:12:15 EDT 2001

In my 37 years at the Mechanics' Library in San Francisco,we never saved
one DJ on any book we bought for our collection...If I knew then what I
know now....even so,which ones would I save?
I had a lady collector some years ago that lived in Richmond,VA and
through the years I sold her some fine ML books. She had Lost Weekend on
her list. I had a copy and told her that I was sorry but it had no DJ.
"Oh,that's fine Mr. Hill,I don't care as long as the book is Fine,I just
throw the dust jackets away." She had been paying top $ for books that
she could have had for far less.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY AND EVERYMAN'S LIBRARY BOOKS