Naked (jacketless) MLs

BooksetcSF at aol.com BooksetcSF at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 11:31:19 EDT 2001

There is an obsession about dj's in today's environment. When I was last in
London I saw Bernard Rota who was an avid Maugham seller and collector. He
told me in those days as soon as the book was bought the dj was thrown away.
The object of the dj was to protect the book. Also many of the earlier
bibliographies do not mention dj's at all, being quite unimportant. The first
ML Guide had nothing about correct dj's for firsts. I often wonder if the dj
is not more important than the book in today's world!!
Anybody who is just interested in ML books without dj I suggest might collect
buckram, for they came without dj, and finding them is much more challenging
than looking for regular ML without jacket. Enough.
       Henry for Books etc
       P.S. Don't forget sales tax if to be shipped within CA. Or email CA
resale #.

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/booksetcsf/myhomepage/business.html ">Books etc</A>
PMB # 395,
298 4th Avenue,