Of College Editions & Paperbacks

BooksetcSF at aol.com BooksetcSF at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 11:56:50 EDT 2001

A question for all those collectors of firsts.
Many collectors want the first issue dj. i.e. the lowest number on a dj for a
particular title.
 Is this the correct approach. Bare in mind that the publisher was in the
habit of switching djs.
Question: If you see ten copies for a first (on copyright page) with a
particular dj # and one or two with a lower number, are these lower numbers
freaks, i.e. curios and not the genuine first dj. Take Boswell's Johnson, for
instance, (Regular ML): the last five or six first editions (on copyright
page), I have seen,  have had #362. The Guide states #360. Is the #360 a
curiosity.....In order to allow for this I have not been too rigid in the
guide for first dj numbers, allowing  a margin of error of two or three
numbers. Any opinions out there?

       Henry for Books etc
       P.S. Don't forget sales tax if to be shipped within CA. Or email CA
resale #.

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/booksetcsf/myhomepage/business.html ">Books etc</A>
PMB # 395,
298 4th Avenue,