Tom Jones 1st in a #6 Binding

Amy dbapaper at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 1 10:05:58 EDT 2001

    I certainly agree with your comments about the 1927-28 titles,
Henry. However, where the dates may warrant use of an earlier binding as
is the case concerning Tom Jones (published just as ML started using the
Type 7 binding), how can someone tell if use of the earlier binding is
anamalous?
    Or to put the question another way, when you list a binding style
for an ML First in your Guide, is the data based on your observations
over the years or something more concrete, such as Random House and/or
H. Wolff archival records?

Amy Comeau